Simplicity brings balance, freedom, and joy. It’s an interesting paradox, how we often over think and over analyze when we’re looking for a solution. Going into our minds, we often miss the answer to our problems in its sheer simplicity.
Vitamin C is one of those solutions. A humble supplement, not boasting an unpronounceable label or expensive price tag, Vitamin C is debatably the most recognizable supplement on the market. Available in a wide variety of pills, tablets, gummies, powders, and sprays – if you could only supplement one thing, I would probably suggest this citrus powered powerhouse. It’s a simple and singular solution for so many problems we may face.
It goes a lot deeper than treating colds and viruses. Vitamin C has an arsenal of healing powers and wide variety of benefits.
What exactly does Vitamin C do?
- Cleanse the blood, liver, and lymph
- Acts as a potent antioxidant in the body fighting free radicals – molecules that can cause damage to our tissues and immune system
- Improve blood pressure
- Improve age-related vision loss
- Improve oxygen intake therefore improving physical performance
- Increase iron absorption
- Boosts immune system and helps fight bacteria and viruses
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Prevents wrinkles by protecting from oxidative damage to your skin and aiding in collagen formation
- Improves mood and repairs neurotransmitters
Where else can I get Vitamin C?
Pretty much every fruit and vegetable on the earth contains some amount of vitamin C. The most concentrated sources are:
- Citrus fruit
- Bell peppers
- Black current
- Dark leafy greens
One way you can amplify the vitamin C you absorb is to get direct sunlight on your skin when possible. The sun strengthens and enhances the absorption and function of every single nutrient, vitamin C included!